Friday 27 April 2012

A case of mistaken Identity!


I've had my May 2012 edition of Model Rail a few days now but only got around to reading it in any detail last night.
I just happened to notice a familiar picture at the bottom of page 112 .
Caption
TRANSPORT EXTRAVAGANZA
"Taking place at the Manchester Museum of Transport on May 19/20, the show features 20 quality layouts including Frank Collins' Cambrian inspired layout  Pen Y Bont."

Now this came as a complete surprise to me as, as far as I was aware my layout had not been invited!
Maybe I had been invited but had forgotten about it, No, checked the diary and emails Nothing!
it was then I decided to ring the show manager who's mobile number was published along side the article.
I spoke to Peter Crichton a thoroughly nice bloke.
Peter explained that MR had made a boo boo!
Yes there is a layout called Pen Y Bont attending this show but It's not mine! It's a 4mm scale 009 (?) narrow gauge layout and MR just thought it was mine as it had been in their magazine (Issue 150 if you want to know)
Anyway I had a long chat to Peter and he's interested in having my version of Pen Y Bont there next year or 2014.



Pen Y Bont also features on page 127 of the same issue of MR as part of an advertisement for Modellers Mecca my local model shop.
Not my choice of picture mind, but that of Lucy the shop proprietor.

No connection with that business other than a very satisfied customer. Well worth a visit if you are in the Midlands at any time.





That's it for this entry
More jottings soon!
Cheers
Frank




No comments:

Post a Comment