Tuesday 12 July 2016

Follow me!

Ever had the feeling some one or some thing is following you?



It seems my stalker is a steam locomotive!  Black 5 44871 seems to be following me around.
 I first came across 44871 back in 2010 when it was the regular engine om the Cambrian Coast Express,
seen here at Abererch  near Pwllheli
















Five years later and the same locomotive was my train engine on a visit to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway seen here approaching Pickering.










On a recent trip to Perth Scotland where I was exhibiting "Steam on the Cambrian" we took the opportunity to stay over an extra night at Fort William. Inevitably we ended up at Mallaig where in the station I "Copped"  Ex LNER K2 62005, unfortunately i couldn't get close enough for a picture and the Scottish weather (Same as Welsh weather!) was prevalent.
However there are now two trains a day running on the Jacobite steam service from Fort William so a stop at Glenfinnan station on the way back seemed a good idea and the chance to see and photograph the train.

   And, Yes, you guessed it!

44871 shows it's face again!
I now have had the pleasure of copping the same  locomotive in
England, Scotland and Wales!
I don't suppose there is much chance of it being re gauged to 5ft 3in and sent over to Belfast so I could get a picture in Northern Ireland?







1 comment:

  1. Nice shots, Frank. I have happy memories of the loco on the "Cambrian"...but the only days I could get off work were the very wet ones, so I got soaked to the skin taking photos! The steam effects were good though ...and it is a fab loco.

    ReplyDelete